One of the work-life balance tips discussed was the Not-To-Do list. Create a list of things you give yourself permission not to have to do, for the sake of your sanity and work-life balance. This is a great way to deal with the guilt of having to be a superwoman.
We asked webinar attendees to share with us some items that were going on their not-to-do lists. Not surprisingly, there was a deluge of responses! Here they are:
- Washing my car!
- Susan isn't cleaning her house anymore
- Not to cook a dinner few times per week
- Not to go back to school yet
- Always saying yes
- Limit laundry
- Passing the chore off to the kids for feeding the dogs!!
- Not planting new flowers every spring
- No working out on weekends
- Keeping Saturday mornings to myself - no soccer
- I'm going to stop feeling guilty for not doing morning workouts... I'm not a morning person and that's OK!
- Don't answer the phone in the evening
- Doing my 18 & 20 year olds’ laundry
- I am not going to edit anymore of my daughters papers.
- Not decorating the house for every holiday
- Not working during the vacation
- Send Christmas cards
- Giving up grocery shopping
- I no longer decorate so extensively during the holidays
- Accept all the friend holiday invites
Register now for the 2010 Women's Leadership Webinar series >>