Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Emerging Leader Spotlight: Debbie Hetzel

 
“It is easy to get swept up in ‘corporate drama’ but in the end it’s your job performance that will be noticed.”
 
Name: Debbie Hetzel 
Current title: Manager, Customer Service
Company:  Potash Corp 

Favorite quote: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”

What is the most important thing you have learned that has been critical to your career success?
I have always tried to stay focused on the work.  It is easy to get swept up in ‘corporate drama’ but in the end it’s your job performance that will be noticed.  I also learned to leave my ego at the door. 

What key steps did you take to get to the role you are in today?
I learned all that I could about customer service at PotashCorp.  I was eager to learn new processes or pieces of business. Our company started strictly as a potash company;  through the years, we purchased phosphate and nitrogen companies. I have made sure to learn and understand the dynamics of each new business.   

I have always recognized and understood who 
the key people are who can help me get my job done.

What tools or resources have you used that have been crucial to your success?
We have fantastic sales, marketing, transportation/distribution, and credit professionals in our company. I have always recognized and understood who the key people are who can help me get my job done. I feel I am always willing to analyze our processes and by using today’s technology, implement steps to improve the way we do our  business. 

What is the next step you plan to take in your career to develop your leadership skills?
Our company is very involved in updating our computer system. This is a huge undertaking which will involve various groups in the company. I asked to be a member of this team. Being a part of this new project will definitely help me develop my skills as I will be teaching others the new system.   

 I have a huge passion for the job and feel enthusiastic 
each day about my contribution to the company. 

What professional accomplishment or result have you achieved in the past year that you are proud of?   
I started with this company 27 years ago as a Customer Service Rep then became Team Leader, Supervisor and am thrilled to say I was recently promoted to Manager. I have a huge passion for the job and feel enthusiastic each day about my contribution to the company.

No comments: