Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Emerging Leader Spotlight: Pragati Ogal Rai

Name: Pragati Ogal Rai
Current title:
Mobile Technology Evangelist
Company:
X.commerce (an eBay Inc. Company)
Location: California
Favorite quote:
“Learn to love yourself first and everything else will fall in place.”

1) What is the most important thing you have learned that has been critical to your career success?

Believing in myself and having a can-do attitude has been critical to my success.

a) What key steps did you take to get to the role you are in today?

I started networking with people who inspire me and started discussing my aspirations and ambitions with them. They not only encouraged me but also guided me to take the next steps in my career.

2) What is your leadership style? (Self-described and/or how others might describe you.)

I trust and believe in people I work with. I listen to what they want and how I might be able to help them. This helps me make great connections and makes work fun and interesting.

3) What tools or resources have you used that have been crucial to your success?

I am a technologist and enjoy learning new technologies. So I am a frequent visitor to websites that cater to my interests. I am also a big fan of websites/webnairs/coaching seminars that provide tips for self-improvement.

4) What steps are you currently taking to improve yourself, professionally?

I am following a three pronged approach: build strategic contacts, improve upon and learn leadership skills, and increase visibility within the company and externally.

5) What are some top tips you can recommend to other women who want to be recognized as a high potential emerging leader?

First and foremost, believe in yourself: you can do it. Build a network. Get a mentor.

6) What professional accomplishment or result have you achieved in the past year that you are proud of?

I am a frequent speaker at technology events and conferences. Most of the times, I am the only woman or one of the very few women who are on stage talking technology. This gives me immense satisfaction and inspires me to keep going.

No comments: