Her five key points were:
1. Every transition brings with it a growth opportunity
-Look at transitions as an opportunity to gain skills.
2. You can gain speed in the turn
-Focus, and prioritize. We have to look at it as an opportunity.
3. Leaders blur boundaries
-It is important to have the ability to work across boundaries in the company, across company boundaries, and country boundaries.
4. The best way to gain recognition is to give it away.
-People are afraid credit will be taken away. Give recognition away. Give credit openly and freely.
Honored as Women of Vision award recipients were:
- Innovation award: Yuqing Gao, Senior Manager, IBM Research, IBM
- Social Impact award: Jan Cuny, Program Director, National Science Foundation
- Leadership award: Mitchell Baker, Chairperson, Mozilla